Founded in 2002 by two agriculturally minded entrepreneurs, Dr. Jean Caron, an agronomist with a Ph.D in Soil Physics, and Jocelyn Boudreau, an agricultural engineer with a M.Sc. in Soil Physics, Hortau has research stations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Hortau’s technology typically sees payback within the first year of use, thanks to crop-saving features like our instant frost alerts.
Here’s a look at some of Hortau’s findings supported by several years of scientific research:
- 17% yield increase
- 35% less water consumption
- Near-zero fertilizer leaching
- 16% yield increase
- 24% water savings
- 25-50% yield increase
- 3-6 times less water consumption
- Increased profitability ($3,500 per acre)
- 18% yield increase
- 10-20% less tip burn
- Increased profitability ($500-$4,000 per acre)
VIDEO: Lettuce Tipburn Presentation
Dr. Jean Caron, agronomist, Ph.D in Soil Physics, presents on how to prevent lettuce tipburn at a Crop Stress Management and Irrigation Efficiency Seminar at the Monterey County Farm Bureau Office in Salinas.
For additional documentation on Hortau’s irrigation management system, see the following downloads:
- Hortau strawberry research document
- Hortau corn grower testimonials
- B of A Whitepaper: Technology to Prevent Weather-Related Losses in Ag
But don’t take our word for it. Browse our grower testimonials for unbiased reviews and results from using the Hortau system.