Hortau is an industry leading irrigation management company. Founded in 2002 by two soil physicists who designed a revolutionary new soil moisture sensor, which allows farmers to water more efficiently. Since then, Hortau has been working to develop a complete remote sensing and control platform. Today we offer a full range of monitoring systems and have the ability to fully automate the irrigation practices of agricultural fields. From frost protection to pest management, to automated irrigation systems, to weather data, and more. Hortau is an industry leader and rapidly expanding to new territories, that means our support team needs to grow to match. We are searching for a hard-working, technically savvy, and detail-oriented lead service technician to join our team.
The position requires a detail-oriented person who is independent and self-driven. Willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather, willingness to travel, computer competency, and problem-solving skills are all a must. Spanish speaking is a plus but not required. Agricultural backgrounds are also a plus, but strong technical knowledge comes first. The right person will be able to work closely with our customers and salespeople to keep customers satisfied and to keep the system working smoothly.
This career can be very rewarding for the right person. If you want to be part of an industry that is taking farming to the next level and have a great opportunity for growth with an industry leader.
- Bring in positive-energy, strong work ethic, self-discipline and good time management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience using hand tools and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience working on ladders in a safe manner
- Ability to work in all types of weather and environments
- Strong technical competency
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent clarity in communication
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers
- Ability to lift 50+lbs
- Strong initiative with the ability to work independently
- Able to analyze and make sense of data
- Ability to solve problems
- Desire to aid in growth and development of co-workers
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Interest in becoming intimately familiar with irrigation practices, systems, science, and technology
- Interest in learning how to use the most modern technology to improve irrigation practices
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute daily Work Order Schedule
- Installation of equipment.
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting, reporting, and maintenance of said equipment.
- Travel as required to remote locations
- In charge of managing service inventory stored in company vehicle and warehouses.
- Must efficiently manage time according to schedule set by direct supervisor.
- Must monitor and record hours in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Engages in daily interactions with customers regarding technical support.
- Must maintain high level of communication with the territory sales rep, grower support and irrigation advisors to understand customer base.
- Must report every new request from customers in the company’s centralized Call Log.
- Uses company approved software for bi-weekly financial reports to Operations Manager.
- Must review, address, and complete posted Work Orders in company approved software.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of company assets: vehicle, credit card, apparel, etc.
- Report to monthly meetings at head office to review new procedures and collect inventory.
- All related tasks.
- Company Vehicle for Job Duties
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Fun atmosphere at a fast-growing company!
- Salary: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com