Founded in 2002, Hortau is a leader in precision irrigation management systems for agriculture. Hortau’s patented irrigation management, automation and weather monitoring solutions help growers manage crop stress in real time using soil tension, ensuring optimal production while reducing water use, energy consumption and environmental impact.
The Irrigation Advisor is focused on helping customers adopt Hortau’s technology and services in order to benefit from the full potential. Using the company’s platform, as well as accumulated experience, the advisor will work to integrate into each customer’s operation and aid them in performing timely, effective irrigations, as well as ensure the soil, field, and water conditions are appropriately managed to provide the best conditions to promote high quality and heavy yields. The advisor is expected to develop the skills and knowledge needed to be the customer’s first resource for irrigation help.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Science, preferably Crop or Soils related
- 3 or more years’ experience in production agriculture
- CCA or able to get CCA
- CAIS or able to get CAIS
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Strong initiative with the ability to work independently
- Able to analyze and make sense of data
- Ability to solve problems
- Interest in becoming intimately familiar with irrigation practices, systems, science, and technology
- Interest in learning how to use the most modern technology to improve irrigation practices
- Desire to aid in growth and development of co-workers
- Excellent clarity in communication
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers
- Proficiency with MS Office software; SalesForce Customer Relationship Management and Web-based software programs
- Good organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills with peers, superiors
- Bring in positive-energy, strong work ethic, self-discipline and good time management skills
- Driver’s License
- Create irrigation schedules for assigned growers
- Analyze irrigation data
- Perform in field-audits of irrigation systems and soils to determine ways to improve irrigation
- Provide frequent contact with customers to aid in improving irrigation
- Interpret soil tension
- Gather pertinent irrigation information to create database for customers
- Become very familiar with customer’s irrigation systems, fields, and practices
- Work with the sales team to close new contracts
- Remain current with technologies and science that can enhance practices
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance
- Robust Discretionary Vacation Policy
- Team building is also highly encouraged with regional team lunches and companywide events.
- Fun atmosphere at a fast-growing company!
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Science
- Spanish is a plus
Required license or certification:
- * CCA or able to get CCA * CAIS or able to get CAIS
For more information and current openings, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are interested in noted in the body of the email.